Yesterday was a pretty rough day for my boy, Kota. Who am I kidding? It was a rough day for both of us. We left the house at 7:30 a.m. and headed to the vet. I had to have him there by 9 AM. My friend was kind enough to drop us off at a park nearby before she had to report for work.
We were about five blocks away from the vets office. So we had some time to spend in this beautiful park near the water - no one around to bother us - until we finally headed to the vet.
I wanted the time just to be with him before he went in for his ultrasound. I also wanted to work off any nervous energy he may have displayed at the vet’s office. We arrived right before nine o’clock. The walk was good for both of us.
Knowing how much he suffers from separation anxiety from me. I brought with me a tee-shirt that I have been wearing for the last four days. Heavily saturated with sweat thanks to having a tree (one of my heritage trees, that is about 350 years old) trimmed of the dead-fall limbs before winter sets in.
Cleaning up the debris took several days. It was a lot of work, but I welcomed it because it meant that my scent would be stronger on the shirt. I put this shirt in a plastic bag every night and then put it back on in the morning. They kept that shirt with him during the entire time except for the actual procedure.
They told me ahead of time that they would have to sedate him, because they have to turn him on his back and on his side, push really hard in order to explore his liver, pancreas, colon, gallbladder, and common bile ducts. Of course they also had to shave him.
We arrived back home about two o’clock and he barely moved afterward. He didn’t even wanted to eat anything, not even his treats. He whined for about two hours straight after we got home. I ended up just curling up with him on his couch to comfort him and let him know that the bad part is over.
At least that’s my hope. I won’t find out the results until tomorrow. The outside company that comes to do these scans sends the results back east to the radiologist team. They in turn send the vet the results. He assured me he will call me as soon as he knows something.
If there’s something wrong with his liver, the texture of it, the walls of it, f he has a mass, he will return to have a biopsy. So now it’s just a waiting game.
I know I’ve mentioned this before in previous posts, but I am so grateful that he decided to snack on those raisins. If it wasn’t for that incident, we would have no idea that he was sick.
He’s just such a different dog now I hardly recognize him. He is reluctant to get up and get going in the morning. He doesn’t follow me around the house. If I go outside, he’s not waiting at the door when I come back in. There is something majorly wrong with him. Within 24 hours, I hope to have the answer as to what it is. Whatever it is God, please let it be curable.


I hope the news is the best that could be.
ReplyDelete