Saturday, September 12, 2026

One Week to Go

We are still one week away from our vet visit and what will hopefully be the last blood draw for Kota.


His encounter with the raisins, although traumatic for him had no lasting effects on him, thank God. I’m sure it wore him out though because he is definitely laying around a lot more than he used to. I hope he doesn’t think I want him to be a couch potato. Once I get over all this swelling and bruising. I fully intend to start taking them up the mountain and going for walks.


That’s my intention; however, we still don’t know how his liver is doing. I guess I should be grateful that he decided to sample raisins that day, because it pointed us to the fact that something might be wrong with his liver.


I am hoping not. I am hoping that his trip to the emergency room vet, being handled by people he didn’t know, without me in attendance, just managed to raise his cortisol level and elevate his liver values.


If not, we will know on the 17th, if his levels are still elevated or are even higher than they are right now. The plan is to do an ultrasound on him. If they see a mass, the first thing they will do is a biopsy. Then, we just wait for the results and go from there.


He gets his liver support pill every morning. It’s getting to be quite the challenge to get him to take this gigantic pill. It’s supposed to be chewable, but apparently he doesn’t even like the smell of it so I have to bury it in liver sausage. Not very much because he’s supposed to have an empty stomach when he takes this pill.


Hoping we can hit the trails again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Please let us know how he does. We'll be hoping for the best for him, and you.

    ReplyDelete